Cool Stuff

Monday, May 23, 2011

So what now?

So, now I am a college graduate with a Bachelor of Science.  That degree has three majors, Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Information Systems (CIS).  This last major is most commonly interpreted as CSI and people think I'm gonna be on one of those shows.  I find this very funny.  Seriously, sometimes I even laugh out loud.  However, now that have this degree, I still have no idea what I want to do with my life.  Funny how life just hasn't clicked.  I don't know if other people just have no idea what they want to do with there life or what.  I mean, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a mechanic, work on cars, but my dad always asked me why I wasn't outside helping when we were fixing a car.  Yeah, I was inside tinkering with my computer.  DOS 5.0, what an OS.  Yeah, not happening anymore.  But, that started another interest into computers.  I had always been fascinated with resistors, yeah, I don't know why, but I always tore apart old electronic things and never fixed them, but tore them apart.  So, when I did graduate from high school, I initially went to DeVry Institute of Technology in Addison, IL.  There I entered into the Electronic Engineering Technology program or EET.  yeah, trimesters and I would have a bachelor's in three years.  Yeah, it didn't work out.  I was gone a whole whopping year, had one job, then a funeral, then lost my job because of the funeral and yeah, 18 and stupid when it came to "oh, I should call work to let them know that I won't be there."  yeah, learned the hard way, which apparently hasn't changed in 14 years, cause now I'm gonna be 32 and I have completed two things in my life that I am proud of.  One being the Bachelor's degree, the second being my Tech license for HAM radio.  Yep, that's it.  I may have completed other things, but only those two are stuck in my head as achievements.  Well, I kinda wanna be a writer, but it's best to have something to fall back on, which is why I completed the Bachelor's degree with three majors in seven years.  So now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment